Macy s is proudly America s Department Store. There s a reason we ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macy s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macy s. Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores – and each customer s doorstep – on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible across the country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role you play we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that s right for you!
Macy s ARO Clerical colleagues perform all functions related to the scheduling of inbound freight, communicating with carriers, vendors and merchants to ensure receipt integrity.
Appointment scheduling for incoming freight.
* Pre-keyadding from carrier documents and provide disposition.
* Identifying ASNs and 214s to maximize usage.
* Notification of ASNs and 214s which may contain errors prior to receipt.
* Prepare packages for the following day s receipt.
* Assist in the disposition of all keyrecs; manual and system generated.
*Qualifications and Competencies:*
High School Diploma or equivalent required
1-2 years related experience
* Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
* Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team
* Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld technology
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
*Physical Requirements: *
* Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
* May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, depth perception and color vision
* Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
* Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
*This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[SFPC Art. 49]( here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9]( here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[PC Ch. 9-3500]( here.*
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.