Join Starbucks as a Barista in Boston, MA and inspire with every cup!
At Starbucks, it’s all about connection. People are at the heart of who we are, especially the people that are a part of our store team. We connect with each other, our customers, and our communities to make a positive impact every day. We believe in working together to make a difference and in celebrating our shared success, which is why we call ourselves Starbucks “partners.” Starbucks is a place of warmth and belonging, where everyone is welcome, and we value the unique experiences that each partner brings to our team!
As a Starbucks barista, you’ll create the Starbucks Experience for our customers through excellent service and expertly-crafted products. You’ll be in an energetic store environment where you’ll have the ability to master your food & beverage craft, work alongside friends and meet new people every day. A cup of coffee and a smile can go a long way, and we believe our baristas have the power to be the best moment in each customer’s day. True to Our Mission & Values, working together we can inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time
You’d make a great barista if you:
• Consider yourself a people person, and enjoy meeting others.
• Love working as a team and appreciate the chance to collaborate.
• Understand how to create a great customer service experience.
• Have a focus on quality and take pride in your work.
• Are open to learning new things (especially the latest beverage recipe!)
• Are comfortable with responsibilities like cash handling and store safety.
• Can keep cool and calm in a fast-paced, energetic work environment.
• Can maintain a clean and organized workspace.
• Have excellent communications skills.
No previous experience is required
From free coffee to competitive pay, Starbucks is proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to our eligible part-time and full-time partners. Benefits include 100% tuition coverage through our Starbucks College Achievement Plan, health coverage with a variety of plans to choose from, and stock & savings programs like our equity reward program, Bean Stock. What’s more, Starbucks offers flexible scheduling and opportunities for paid time off. Visit starbucksbenefits.com for details.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
• Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
• Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, the quantity of ingredients, or substituted ingredients
• Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to learn quickly
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to build relationships