Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
• Installs, maintains, monitors, and repairs or rebuild simple or complex building-related systems and equipment including heating, lighting, locks, refrigeration, automation systems, water and air cooling, air handling, plumbing, fire protection systems, electrical distribution (up to 480 volts), alarms, and standby power systems.
• Operates energy management computerized controls. Operates and performs preventative maintenance on microprocessor computer which monitors air conditioning, heating, and lighting systems. Programs, changes, and debugs system software.
• Operates and maintains uninterruptible power systems (UPS).
• Analyzes and resolves complex mechanical, electrical, and/or technical problems which are not easily identified.
• Performs testing and diagnoses of total system operations to determine satisfactory performance and maintenance requirements. Uses tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
• Uses knowledge of component and/or systems integration to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair building systems. ?
• Review and analyzes architectural, mechanical, and schematic drawings to determine the work to be performed and/or to evaluate the work performed.
• Determines repair/maintenance solutions that weigh safety, cost, time, and customer need. Prioritizes work according to severity.
• Responds to building-related emergencies to prevent or minimize service outages.
• Works on most aspects of the building structure, including but not limited to roofs, ceilings, walls, floors, grounds (e.g., drives, walls, fences).
• Keeps detailed records of assignments, work activities, and required equipment history (e.g., times, names, dates, routines, work performed) in various systems (e.g., BMSE). Detailed information may be used by the Property Managers for budgeting purposes.
• Reviews and updates the Building Certification (BC) book contents. Ensures a floor plan for each area is included in the book showing the unique operational systems and sequence of operations. Performs a general building inspection at each building once a year.
• Interacts with (tenants) property managers, contractors, suppliers, engineers, and architects to exchange information.
• Participates in commissioning activities and testing procedures to ensure that new and modified equipment/systems are functioning as expected.
• Must have the ability to perceive the difference in wire color.
• Ability to work varying shifts and hours including possible mandatory overtime and holidays.
• Environment usually contains some exposure to noise, fumes, cold, and heat. Requires ability to work under conditions that may be physically uncomfortable or dangerous.
• May work with little or no supervision.
• May be requested to work at distant or multiple locations requiring travel and/or overnight stays for varying lengths of time.
• May work outdoors and be exposed to variable weather conditions.
• May be required to wear safety glasses, safety shoes, protective gloves, and other safety equipment.
• May utilize pallet jacks, two-wheeled carts, hand trucks, and/or fork lifts.
The Main Responsibilities
• May utilize all types of hand and power tools.
• May be required to lift/move up to 100 lbs.
• May work aloft.
Training Required in Title: 1 or 2 years trade school certification in Heating Ventilation and Air
Conditioning (HVAC) or Refrigeration Services. Plus on-the-job training.
Occupational Job information/Requirements:
• Possesses one of the following: Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI) Certification;
Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) Certification.
• Valid state driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and ability to drive a vehicle with manual gear
• Possess or obtain local, state, or federal regulated licenses, as appropriate.
• Appropriate certification to work with refrigerants/chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs).
What We Look For in a Candidate What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 238729
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.