Washington, Washington DC
CoStar Group, Inc.
Cash Applications Specialist
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar’s independent research organization – the industry’s largest – with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
We are currently in search of an energetic Cash Application Specialist to join our growing accounting team at our state-of-the-art headquarters in Washington, DC. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to balance multiple priorities and drive towards results, this is a great opportunity to join a company that continues to beat our own growth records… and is just getting started.
The Cash Application Specialist will be responsible for all of cash postings, research and reconciliation of bank accounts and will report directly to the Billing Manager.
* Processes and enters high volume of daily cash receipts to credit or debit customer accounts
* Prepares batches and post to the general ledger
* Assists collections department with questions and concerns regarding incoming payments, charge backs or balances
* Produces monthly account reconciliations
* Communicates with various banks and clients to ensure all payments are being applied correctly
* Performs basic office duties, such as copying and filing
* Process customer refunds
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications with advanced or expert competency in Excel and other applicable applications
* BA/BS degree required with 2+ years of accounts receivable experience
* Experience with accounting
PREFERRED QUALIFCATIONS AND SKILLS
* Prior knowledge of Great Plains
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you’ll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you’ll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
* Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
* Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
* Commuter and parking benefits
* 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
* Employee stock purchase plan
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
* Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don’t just take our word for it — see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group:
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing