You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Imagine this. Everyday, in claims centers around the world, UnitedHealth Group is processing and resolving payment information for millions of transactions. Would you think we have some great technology? Would you think we know how to manage volume? You would be right. No one’s better. And no company has put together better teams of passionate, energetic and all out brilliant Claims Representatives. This is where you come in. We’ll look to you to maintain our reputation for service, accuracy and a positive claims experience. We’ll back you with great training, support and opportunities.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 6 am to 6:00 pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. We offer 12 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 7:00am to 3:30pm CST Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
* Provide general claims support by reviewing and processing claims
* Calculate other insurance and benefits
* Participate in meetings to share, discuss, and solution for question or error trends, as well as potential process improvements
* Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
This is a challenging role that takes an ability to thoroughly review, analyze and research complex health care claims in order to identify discrepancies, verify pricing, confirm prior authorizations and process them for payment. You’ll need to be comfortable navigating across various computer systems to locate critical information. Attention to detail is critical to ensure accuracy, which will impact the timely processing of the member’s claim.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent years of work experience
* Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new and complex computer system applications
* Experience using Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save and send documents) and Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save and send spreadsheets)
* 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
* If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
* Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
* Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
* Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
* Basic understanding of healthcare claims including ICD-9 and CPT codes
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non – clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at:
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near – obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $22.02. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Healthcare, hiring immediately, health care, Managed Care, Billing Representative, Billing, Collections, Claims, Customer Service, Medical Billing, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.