University Enterprises, Inc.
University Enterprises Inc. (UEI) is seeking a Coordinator of Marketing Strategy and Outreach for The WELL at Sac State. Union Well Inc. is an auxiliary of California State University, Sacramento and is a California 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation. The corporation consists of the facility operations and programs of two buildings: The WELL (Recreation & Wellness Center) and The University Union. The WELL, totaling approximately 150,000 square feet, houses three fitness studios, a cardio suite, two fitness floors, a multi-activity court, four basketball courts, a rock climbing wall, four racquetball courts, an indoor running track, locker rooms, and conference center. The WELL is also home to Student Health and Counseling Services. The University Union facility, totaling approximately 220,000 square feet, currently houses food service operations, retail operations, multiple meeting and conference spaces, Associated Students, Inc., Student Organizations and Leadership offices, Women’s Resource Center, PRIDE Center, KSSU Student Radio, Public Information Desk, Games Room, Union Gallery, Terminal Lounge (music/video digital media), Student Computer Lounge, Meditation Room, computer and printer workstations throughout the building, a University Police Service Center, and various open lounge spaces. The facilities provide services to over 31,000 students, as well as faculty and staff on campus. Visit The WELL and Union WELL Inc. websites to learn more.
UEI offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
• Participation in CalPERS Retirement Program
• Paid Vacation Time – starting at 6.66 hours accrued/month
• Paid Sick Time – 8 hours accrued/month
• Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed and one personal day.
• Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
Apply by 9/24/2021.
Pay Rate: $3,613 – $5,420 per month
The Coordinator of Marketing Strategy and Outreach is responsible for The WELL’s comprehensive marketing plan and facilitating campus outreach strategies. The marketing plan will ensure innovative, effective, and relevant strategies utilizing print, digital and engagement strategies to meet the changing needs of the Sacramento State community. The Coordinator of Marketing Strategy and Outreach will review and implement marketing goals, analytics, best practices and be responsible for The WELL’s brand management. In addition, the position will assist with the creation and management of the strategic plan and budget for all operations within related areas of management including marketing; monitoring expenses; and working with all WELL full time staff, and student staff to promote a positive membership experience and ensure the integrity of The WELL and the Union WELL Inc. brand. This position reports to, and receives direction from, the Assistant Director of Member Services and Operations. The Coordinator of Marketing Strategy and Outreach will supervise all marketing personnel, to include part-time staff, interns, student assistants, casual employees, and volunteers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinates comprehensive marketing campaigns for all WELL programs and services. Responsible for promoting all WELL programs and services utilizing various channels including but not limited to digital and print media, email, and facility/campus advertisements.
• Creates, leads, and schedules a staff of marketing and outreach student part-time employees using high quality processes including hiring, training, development, and evaluation.
• Coordinates, edits, and manages all social media related content. Recommends appropriate social media tools, sites, and applications. Manages social media campaigns and day-to-day activities and correspondence.
• Develops, plans, and implements creative digital programs, campaigns, and content that increases user engagement and grows interaction and followers.
• Maintains departmental website for accurate, timely, and visually aesthetic information.
• Oversees the collection, compilation, and analysis of online activity data; develops, writes, and presents comprehensive statistical and narrative reports.
• Leverages market insight to better understand students, faculty, and staff in order to represent the voice of the user.
• Oversees internal account operations and brand integrity across all relevant digital media platforms and develops applicable high-quality materials.
• Supports and maintains a comprehensive working relationship with Union WELL Inc. design team in order to create effective and collaborative marketing campaigns.
• Coordinates meetings with all WELL staff in order to gather daily updates on fitness programs, intramural sports, climbing programs, special events, open recreation, facility reservations, business office updates, and any other relevant building data.
• Responsible for developing innovative and efficient procedures, staff trainings, and accurate and timely communication strategies that ensure a positive member experience.
• Coordinates staff and materials for campus-wide tabling events, including but not limited to internal outreach, Orientation, Homecoming, Hornet Weeks of Welcome, and commencement events.
• Works with the Assistant Director of Member Services and Operations and all WELL staff when collaborating with other campus departments and divisions in conducting information sessions, workshops, and activities regarding WELL membership and other opportunities.
• Supports and maintains a sound working relationship with campus communication and outreach partners in order to create a dynamic and fully collaborative Sacramento State experience.
• Assists with creating and updating the strategic plan within marketing by providing data, staff and customer input, and communication and outreach strategies.
• Assists with the creation and management of an annual budget for all operations within related areas of management including marketing and outreach.
• Other job related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Public Administration, Sports and/or Recreation Management, or a closely related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
• Demonstrated supervisory or management experience, including but not limited to selecting, training, coordinating, and evaluating a diverse work force.
• Demonstrated substantial experience in marketing and managing social media platforms in a work setting.
• Demonstrated experience in the collection, compilation, and analysis of marketing data.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing social media management and email management software such as Sprout, Later, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, constant contact or closely related solutions.
• Knowledge of budgeting.
• Ability to direct management goals, to facilitate change and to create and implement innovative programs.
• Demonstrated experience working with personal computer software applications including word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, internet, and email software, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to compile, prepare, write, and review reports.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to perform duties in a dynamic work environment and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of staff and the surrounding community.
• Must be able to work evening and weekends based on program demands.
• Must acquire CPR/AED and First Aid certification within three (3) months of employment. Certification must be kept current.
• Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
• Master’s Degree in Business Management, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Public Administration, Higher Education, Sports and/or Recreation Management, or a closely related
• Progressively responsible experience working in a college or university environment, such as a Student Union or Recreation Center.
• Demonstrated progressively responsible experience in marketing or communications for a recreation center, gym, or private health club.
• Experience working in a large, non-profit corporation.
• Demonstrated experience in utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud for graphic design, video editing, web development, and photography.