San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
Manages analytical, business, and technical support functions related to strategic business functions, processes, and applications. Provides strategic direction to teams and processes supporting business analytics and decision-making processes including business, technology, and process improvements.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Directs human and technical resources supporting business processes and applications, taking into account current and future business needs and opportunities.
* Manages the identification, research, and analysis of business, process, and technology opportunities.
* Provides direction to staff influencing and implementing business and process improvements, leveraging change management skills and processes.
* Oversees advisory processes and provides high level consulting with customers on matters related to overall business analytics and decision support solutions.
* Ensures that team maintains understanding of business processes, supporting applications, and strategic direction.
* Collaborates and exchanges information with team members, customers, and information services to ensure dependencies, risks, and opportunities are identified.
* Manages team projects and activities using project management methodology.
* Directs independent research of complex business issues requiring expert level knowledge of business principles and theories.
* Leads/participates in development and/or maintenance of complex business analytics and decision support solutions.
* Provides work direction and coaching for employees in group, and makes pay and performance decisions for staff.
* Develops and tracks metrics appropriate for projects and processes.
* Bachelor’s Degree (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.)
* 8 or more years’ experience working in an analytical or technology support position.
* 3 or more years of direct supervisory experience or leadership of projects of equivalent length and complexity
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
* Extensive experience with Insurance Industry applications
* Insurance Industry technology experience
* 4 years Director-level leadership experience
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600.00 – $211,700.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/18/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.