Location: Plymouth – MN, United States of America
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Occasional/Part-Time Teleworking for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Electrical Engineer for our location in Plymouth, MN. Position Summary:
• Generates electrical schematics using ECAD tools.• Leads electrical design projects for use in state of the art weapon systems..
• Develops specifications for and performs selection of components for use in electrical circuits for military applications. • Performs research, design, and development in such areas as power conditioning electronics, analog circuit design, digital circuit design, FPGA/ASIC design and verification, and other general electrical engineering design functions.
• Applies research to the planning, design, development, simulation and testing of electrical circuits for use in military applications.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a product development team to understand system level interdependencies that impact circuit requirements and design constraints.
• Utilizes electrical simulation tools for circuit performance prediction in aid of circuit development.• Provides input and direction to ECAD designers in the layout of printed wiring boards.
• Solid lab skills in the testing and debugging of electronic circuit card assemblies and systems.• Strong analytical skills and the ability to organize and prioritize job assignments and tasks.
• An active learner of new design techniques and technologies. Basic Qualifications:
•2 years of experience with a BS degree or 0 years of experience with a MS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college with professional experience in the design, build, and validation of electrical circuits.
• Experience creating and modeling electrical schematics, evaluating design robustness by simulation and/or lab testing. Experience with Mentor Graphics design tools or similar ECAD tools.
• Ability to evaluate and select components that meet the applicable requirements.
• Position may require occasional travel to meet with various customers, in both government and industry, and to interface with suppliers.
• Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
• Experience in developing high reliability electronics to meet military environments such as extreme temperature conditions, high G shock loads, vibration, and extended storage times.
• Familiarity with high reliability design for military applications
Salary Range: 70900 – 106300
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.