Living Room Realty
Help us take Living Room Realty to the next level!
We are looking for a talented and hard-working Administrative Accounting Professional to join our Finance Department. The ideal candidate must be ready to offer excellent customer service to our brokers while instilling a sense of trust and accuracy. This position offers the flexibility of working remotely as much as 60% of the workweek if desired.
Finance Assistant – This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday with some flexibility in hours that can be negotiated through the hiring process. This position reports to the manager of the Finance Department.
* Daily processing and deposits of commission/referral checks and wires
* Daily reconciliation of commission checks
* Systems onboarding/offboarding of Living Room Brokers
* Training Brokers on internal transactions systems
* A/P and A/R duties
* Tracking company subscriptions and contracts
* Tracking and reconciliation of company referrals
* Vendor, inventory, purchasing management
* Aiding in yearly 1099/1098 processing
* Quarterly audits of W9s
* Weekly stats
This position is 60% accounting and 40% administrative/customer service oriented.
* 1+ years of solid accounting experience
* Associates or higher or equivalent experience
* Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices
* Excellent organization skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
* Intermediate Excel and/or Google Sheet skills
* Desire to work within, create, improve and document efficient, effective accounting and administrative systems and processes
* Ability to problem-solve and research
* Motivated to self-start and dive into tasks at hand
* Comfortable working independently and with a team
* Proven ability to meet goals and deadlines with strong follow-through
* Service-oriented with strong communication skills both written and oral
* Experience with QuickBooks or similar system a plus
Systems Used: Apple Computers, Business Gmail Platform, Quickbooks Online, BrokerSumo, Skyslope, Excel, Adobe Pro, DocuSign.
Living Room Realty is committed to maintaining a motivated, positive work environment full of great people who share, demonstrate, and live our core values. We take pride in working for a company that lives its core values, vision, and mission/purpose and continually provides tangible value and benefit to its employees and clients. Our benefits include:
* Employer subsidized group health plan including vision and a voluntary dental insurance option. HSA plans are 100% covered by Living Room for the Employee. Additional plans available based on the employees personal and family needs
* The flexibility of remote work (up to 60% of the workweek could be done from a remote office)
* Accommodation of set working hours to offer mid-day flexibility
* Employer-paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
* Annual profit sharing bonus potential
* 401(k) retirement plan with 3% company contribution
* Paid Trimet pass for commuting if desired
* Training and Personal Development – Company paid. Up to $1000 per year provided to the employee for training/education of their choice. (Take a coding class or learn to play guitar!)
* Paid Time Off – Sick, personal time, company paid holidays and paid volunteer days
* Annual Vacation Bonus – We want you to take time off to recharge! Receive a $500 bonus when you take at least one full week off each year
* Fun Living Room swag provided to each team member (shirts, bags, etc)
* Beautifully designed office spaces in desirable Portland neighborhoods. SE Buckman, NE Alberta, NW Lovejoy, SW Multnomah Village. This position is out of the historic SE Buckman office on SE 10th & Stark
* Ergonomic office space with sit/stand desks, flooded with natural light and room to stretch
* Stocked kitchens with snacks and regularly catered meals (post-Covid).
* Family-friendly atmosphere and culture with a passion for social justice and inclusion
* Working with other “A players” driven to create great results
At Living Room Realty, we are committed to our core values and we strive to live them every day.
To promote, honor and embrace the culture within our community.
To create meaningful and powerful relationships in our community.
To honor ourselves and those around us by doing what we say and saying what we mean.
To cultivate joy through energy and gratitude.
To create achievement and enjoyment each day.
To appreciate and value what we have in order to create true generosity.
To achieve excellence through distinctive client experience and service.
To seek relevance, beauty and meaning in all we do.
Our values manifest themselves as a group of dynamic and creative learners who are passionate about improving every day, producing inspired and effective work, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
Living Room Realty is a successful Portland, Oregon based real estate, tenant placement, home maintenance, and property management company that helps individuals and families make room to live. Using neighborhood smarts and ingenuity, we help our clients find the answer. We know choosing a home amounts to more than closet space, good light, and square footage; it’s discovering the place to dream, create, and express your way of life and contribute to your community. We use vision and heart, matching people with a house that becomes home. Whether it’s time to buy, sell, or rent, we deliver confident representation that moves quickly and maximizes value. We are more than residential realtors. If you’re a renter, we find the right home or apartment in a neighborhood that suits your style. If you’re an investor, we’ll manage your property, placing and managing tenants while handling property maintenance.
Living Room is the first West Coast brokerage to earn B Corp certification and is Gold Certified for Sustainability at Work by the City of Portland. Living Room has been honored with the Oregonian’s Top Workplaces Award, 2, Oregon Business 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon 2 and Portland Business Journal’s 2020 Glass Ceiling Breaker award. Our Owner and Founder has been honored as one of Portland’s Top 40 under 40 and is an Orchid Award recipient for Business and Civic Contributions. Living Room has been featured on OPB’s Think Out Loud and in The Oregonian, Portland Business Journal, Realtor.com, and Portland Monthly.
“As a member of this community, it is imperative for me to work at a business that supports my values. Through my work at Living Room I am able to provide exceptional customer service, able to develop my skills, encouraged to learn, and I am appreciated for my strengths.”
-Ash Jimenez, Maintenance Manager
“Living Room Realty is the coolest and most empowering place that I have ever been employed. The ownership and staff are evolved and dynamic thinkers. This environment allows a lot of latitude for ideas to be presented, nourished, and unleashed into the larger community. I often found myself with the freedom and responsibility to pursue any course of action of my choosing when situations arose. That culture of allowing new ideas, ownership of projects, and collaboration really sums up what it is like to work at LRR. During my time as the Managing Principal Broker I was so proud to be part of the leadership team.”
-Drew Burchette, former Managing Principal Broker
Our Hiring Process + How to Apply
We have a more thorough hiring process than most small businesses. This is because we believe that the cost of a miss-hire is enormous on both an individual and a company. Our process consists of an online assessment, three interviews, an analysis of your career history, and reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our process. We believe this process offers both the applicant and Living Room the most confidence that your skillset is a match for the available position.
If you feel you are up for our in-depth hiring process and feel you can contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin by filling out our online application.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you. No phone calls, emails, or walk-ins will be considered.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.