North Charleston, South Carolina
Preferred Home Services, LLC
Compensation: $16/hour during school attendance, and a pay increase after graduation
Start Date: 10/23/2023
Do you answer YES! To each of these questions:
• Are you the person who puts their all into every project you do?
• Do you like to set the bar high?
• Would you like to get your foot in the door with a company that rewards achievements?
• Do you like to work with your hands?
• Are you not afraid of a little dirt?
If so, Preferred Homes Services’ Trade Academy for future HVAC Installation Technicians is the perfect fit for you!
Let us train you to be our next exemplary Technician! We are now taking applications for our upcoming semester. We provide you with an extraordinary trainer who has real-world experience and helps you every step of the way. Our specialized training includes bookwork type instruction as well as on-the-job coaching and preparation.
What sets Preferred Home Services’ Trade Academy apart? You are a paid full-time employee from day one! The best part? After graduation, you already have a guaranteed job with Preferred Home Services.
Skills & Experience:
None! We are looking for a positive attitude and a strong passion for skilled work.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Considerable amount of physical activity including walking, standing for lengthy periods of time, lifting up to fifty pounds, climb and work from ladders, squatting/kneeling, and reaching/grasping.
• Equal amount of time spent indoors and outdoors with exposure to hot or cold temperatures for one or more hours.
• Manual Dexterity and Physical Strength.
• Ability to speak, read and understand the English language sufficiently to successfully receive and provide information.
• Comfortable with tight crawl spaces and attics.
What to Expect:
• You will start in Charleston, SC for 3-4 months in a mix of classroom and fieldwork. After graduation, you will officially join our team in the field.
• You will receive an hourly pay while you learn!
• Your technical training and professional development will continue for as long as you work at Preferred Home Services; even our most experienced technicians benefit from our ongoing training.
• Best of all, if you ever feel stuck and are not sure what do to, you have an entire building full of amazing people who will drop anything to help you succeed.
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Dental insurance
• 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match contribution
• Vision insurance
• Life insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Health savings account
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Parental leave
• Paid Bereavement Leave
• Professional development assistance
Company Perks After Graduation:
• Tool Account
• New or Like-New Vehicle
• Gas Card
• Flexible Schedule Options
• Free Coffee
• Top-Notch Professional Training
• On-Site Codes Training
• Employee Referral Program
• Employee Discount Program
• Advancement and Growth Opportunities
• Company Events
• Community Outreach Events
High school diploma or GED.
Valid SC driver’s license and a safe driving record.
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Preferred Home Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.