Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Mediacom Communications Corporation
Training Class begins March 29, 2021!
Start a lasting career with Mediacom and get a $1,000 sign-on bonus! Mediacom provides a full array of benefits with employee discounts on cable, internet and much more!
Develop and maintain existing relationships with customers who are considering cancellation or downgrade of current Mediacom services by identifying needs and offering solutions.
• Turn reasonable requests for disconnection or downgrade into save opportunities or potential sales.
• Apply Retention Department’s mission statement to sell Mediacom’s service when possible.
• Actively listen to customer needs and offer the appropriate Retention promotion to prevent customer from disconnecting or downgrading.
• Use the Mediacom resources to sell against the competition and explain our competitive edge.
• Build customer loyalty by providing legendary customer service.
• Complete disconnect, transfer and seasonal downgrade orders and update customer accounts in customer record database.
• Educate customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
• Resolve customer complaints and situations calmly and courteously.
• Troubleshoot and resolve service, pricing and technical problems for customers by asking questions.
• Meets retention goals set by Company/department.
• May assist in the training of new Representatives through on-the-job training program.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 2+ years customer service experience required, sales experience preferred.
• Customer-oriented mentality.
• Ability to operate a computer.
• Effective listening skills with high level of empathy.
• Effective verbal communication skills, including grammar and tone.
• Strong ability to ask relevant questions to identify customer needs/concerns.
• Ability to remain calm and confident while managing confrontation and rejection.
• Self-motivator – upbeat and with a high energy level.
• Strong work ethic; team-oriented attitude.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.