Category: Manufacturing and Production
Location: Dulles, Virginia
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: No
Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures. The Tactical Space Business Unit is seeking Inventory Material Specialist 1 to join our team. This position is located in Dulles, VA and will be on 1st shift. This is an entry level position. The individual will receive daily inbound package and freight shipments from carriers including unloading and forklift operations as required.
• Un-package inbound shipments, prepare receipts in inventory control system, and route items to receiving inspection or stage for distribution.
• Process ready for stock transactions as required.
• Coordinate all off site warehouse storage and retrieval requests and transport/retrieve items from off-site warehouse upon request including warehouse inventory tracking system updates.
• Metrics/Data Collection/Stockroom Operations/5S
Compile stockroom metrics data to facilitate monthly reporting.
• Generate/distribute periodic limited life material listings to planning.
• Process ongoing monthly cycle counts.
• Compile 5S data to facilitate monthly reporting including 5S board maintenance and updates.
• Process all inventory transactions including ready for stocks, location transfers, reservations, kits, inter/intra program transfers, returns to stocks, incoming customer furnished materials, and etc. Compiles records concerned with quantity, cost, and type of material received, in stock, or issued. Requisitions needed supplies; verifies material received to determine irregularities in order; inspects articles and rejects defective ones. Prepares inventory records and reports and investigates discrepancies in stock counts.
• High School diploma OR GED and a minimum of 0 years’ experience
• Verify items and quantities on vendor pack list against physical items and quantities received
• Verify data on pack list from vendor against purchase order
• Post receipt against purchase order and deliver items to appropriate department or individual
• Working knowledge of MS Office preferred
• Must be detailed oriented and have good communication skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be comfortable with change
• Ability to solve problems
• Able to lift 50 plus pounds
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
• U.S. Citizenship required
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to work in a fast paced environment Experience working with customers and government representatives
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.