Ann Arbor, Michigan
Recruiting from Scratch
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more. If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
About Our Client
Our client is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. they’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Our client is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love their product. They eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 2.5 million customers in their first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, they want to meet you!
Our client is looking for an experienced design leader who can lead the product, design, and UX strategy. They are a design focused consumer brand that works on physical products, digital products, and mobile apps. They’re looking for someone to roll up their sleeves, lead design on individual features or verticals and make design decisions in a role with plenty of room to grow. The ideal candidate is a passionate designer who is comfortable working closely with cross-functional teams to influence product strategy and rally them around elegant, innovative mobile solutions that delight our client’s users.
What you’ll do
– Design flows and experiences that are delightful, intuitive and elegant.
– Execute on a master level with an eagle eye for detail.
– Give feedback on product strategy and design work to continually push the level of quality on the team.
– Collaborate with the Head of Design, Product and Engineering leaders to deliver a world class experience to users.
– Take part in defining a design system to be used across multiple products and platforms
– Process Improvement / Financial Infrastructure: Continuously develop systems and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements.
– 8+ years demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design in a product company.
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and collaborate with cross functional leadership.
– Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it should look’ but ‘what we should build’).
– Experience in building and shipping applications or software (mobile/web) with a deep understanding of platform guidelines and best practices.
– Must have a portfolio featuring examples of design work.
– Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
– High potential for growth
– Stock in an early-stage startup
– Flexible WFH and vacation policy
– Employee referral program
– Monthly stipend for Client Card testing
– 401K plan
Base Salary: $200k to $275k