Requisition ID 2
The TMX Finance ® Family of Companies is looking for a Legal Analyst to join our team and manage the state and local (city and county) business licensing, occupational tax submissions, and renewals as well as track and report on licensing activity. You will serve as the primary contact for the Operations and Accounting/Finance Departments regarding local store licensing and will work closely with Real Estate, Construction, Legal and Compliance on various issues including store and product expansions. Reporting to the Director of Optimization and Licensing, you will be responsible for the intake, research, and response to consumer complaints filed with federal, state, and local regulators.
Serve as the Legal contact for other corporate departments, field management, and state and local government and regulatory bodies regarding licensing and consumer complaints.
Obtain and renew state and local level business licenses within the states, counties and municipalities where we do business.
Monitor state and local business license renewal requests daily and process all licensing renewal requests in a timely manner.
Execute the new store opening and store move processes for Legal, including working with Real Estate and Construction, as required.
Serve as lead on various licensing research projects, including new state and/or product rollouts.
Partner with Treasury to ensure the Company meets all bond and restricted cash requirements for applicable licenses.
Review, research, and respond to consumer complaints filed with federal, state, and local regulators and complaint-management entities, including, but not limited to: the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, various Attorney Generals’ Offices, and the Better Business Bureau.
Maintain and manage comprehensive framework of thousands of state and local licenses necessary for state and local business operations.
Process and submit highly confidential and critical business and executive information on a routine basis with discretion.
Represent the Legal Department in a professional, courteous and positive manner in all responsibilities while utilizing strong interpersonal skills to communicate and interact with customers and team members at all levels.
Work efficiently in a rapidly-changing and fast-paced environment and handle multiple challenging tasks with ease to meet performance standards.
Perform other duties as assigned to help meet the goals and objectives of the Legal department and the Company as a whole.
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a comparable position
• Expertise in Word, Outlook and Excel required
• Strong attention to detail with factual and legal analytic capabilities
• Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and time-management skills and experience in a high-volume setting managing competing priorities
• Excellent communication skills, positive professional attitude and experience working in a team environment required
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to interact professionally with individuals of varied backgrounds and skill levels
• Ability to maintain a full-time work schedule with regular in-person attendance is required for this position. A full-time work schedule for this position includes, at a minimum, 40-hours per week, possibly more depending on work demands and priorities.
• Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check required, including motor vehicle report, and other background checks as required, (certain state and local applicant exemptions may apply)
• Physical demands for this position frequently include: the ability to remain in a stationary position, move about freely inside and occasionally outside of the office, and the operation of mechanical controls, such as a keyboard.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience with gross receipt calculations, tax calculations, accounts payable, real estate/zoning/licensing preferred
Learn More About Us
The Legal Analyst is part of the Legal and Compliance Department, a sharp, dedicated, and proactive team that provides guidance in interpreting the laws and regulations that govern our industry. They lead the way in ensuring we are conducting business lawfully and ethically and that every product, service, and initiative we push forward upholds our strong ethical standards and all federal, state and local obligations. To learn more about the Legal and Compliance Department, visit
Check out what’s happening in our Company at
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Company may, at its discretion, revise the job description at any time, and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies Are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.