Bloomingburg, New York
Location: Bloomingburg, NY
Salary Interval: Seasonal
Date Posted: 08/23/2023
Peckham Industries Inc. (PII) has been a family-run business since 1924 and we believe our ” family by choice ” philosophy delivers value as the trusted supplier of construction materials, products, and services in the communities we serve. Through our extensive network of hot mix asphalt and ready-mix concrete plants, quarries, and liquid asphalt terminals, PII delivers the highest quality materials and custom solutions to thousands of road construction and road maintenance customers. In addition, the company’s construction operations include paving and road reclamation services, as well as precast/pre-stressed concrete production and erection of multi-level parking structures, specialty buildings, and bridge components.
Become part of our mission by realizing your purpose, serving our community interests, and delivering growth for our customers. Peckham Industries educates, innovates, and applies technology in a way that is safe, sustainable, inclusive, and profitable.
Operate a variety of equipment utilized in the construction, maintenance, and repair of plant operations.
1. Safety always wins . Create a zero-incident environment for people by operating the Loader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Take personal responsibility for safety by wearing all required personal protective equipment and properly follow company and OSHA / MSHA safety procedures. Demonstrate a zero tolerance for safety violations by reporting problems to the Plant Manager, Maintenance Dept., Safety Director, or HR Manager by making safety an everyday mindset.
2. Dedication. Follow Daily Procedures & Protocols as set forth in job orientations & trainings
3. Ownership and caring. Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to supervisor, clean equipment. Assist in maintenance and other physical duties needed on site to keep plants operational.
4. Communicate with coworkers and supervisor in person and using two-way radios
5. Work life rhythm. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Requirements, Education and Experience:
1. Two years of experience in operating heavy equipment, preferred
2. High School Diploma or GED, preferred
3. Proficient verbal and written English
4. Legal right to work in the U.S.
5. Valid driver’s license
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position may require some travel to surrounding locations in work region.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
This position works indoors and outdoors at times in inclement weather. Heavy work that includes moving objects up to 100 lb. or more. This position works on or near moving mechanical parts and loud equipment. Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time as well as lifting, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, walking, reaching, driving, and repetitive motion.
At Peckham, you will experience our values wherever you work: corporate offices, plants, quarries, or paving operations. We share a common set of values – safety, integrity, dedication, and efficiency which are embedded in how we show up every day. Ours is a culture where we protect family and friends, our word is our bond, we are committed to serve and results matter. Our values are the foundation of our growth, and we believe will pave the way for future success.
Peckham Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide EEO to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peckham, please contact .