Greenville, South Carolina
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
Our Machine Operators earn between $442.00 – $956.00 weekly. With our amazing salary opportunities, our average starting salary begins at $49,712.00 per year. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Tuition reimbursement program
Paid Time off and holidays (With some exceptions bargained employees qualify for one week of PTO after 6 months of service and 2 weeks after the first year). At least 6 company designated holidays and additional PTO (based on bargaining group to which you are hired.
Paid Parental Leave
Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
Life and Accidental Death Insurance
Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness, accident hospital indemnity/group legal
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Locates buried facilities near the route of “B” service wire using appropriate equipment.
2. Operates a vehicle with trailer.
3. Places buried service wires using a manually controlled gasoline/diesel powered tractor/trencher, plow, boring machine or manual tools.
4. Coordinates work activity with customers, other utilities, and government agencies.
5. Provides temporary repairs to low voltage buried utilities, sprinkler systems, and sewage field lines damaged while performing other duties.
6. Provides periodic maintenance and non-complex repairs to equipment used in performance of other responsibilities.
7. Lifts and moves objects weighing up to 120 pounds.
8. Excavates using a shovel.
9. Reads and interprets simple instructions.
10. Drives Company vehicles.
11. Follows established safety practices and procedures including the manufacture’s specifications for operation or use of equipment.
Candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications.
The following must be satisfactorily completed for title retention:
On-the-job and/or classroom training as required.
Satisfactory performance and attendance in present job.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive vehicle manual shift in some assignments.
GENERAL WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Successful candidates require the ability to:
Normally work Monday through Friday with overtime and weekend work as required. Tour length will be 8 hours.
Work outside in all kinds of weather and use various manually controlled machines or tools.
Lifts and moves objects weighing up to 120 pounds.
ADDITIONAL FACTORS TO BE CONSIDERED
Previous operating experience with equipment is desirable.
Individuals holding this job title may be required to perform the above job duties with or without “reasonable accommodations.”