Chevy Chase, Maryland
Government Employees Insurance Company
External Job Posting Description
The Product Management team is looking for an accomplished, customer obsessed and results oriented Product Manager to manage and grow our products. This role will be responsible for transforming the product experience, by finding value creating opportunities and driving innovative and sustainable product solutions through technology. The selected candidate will champion a startup mindset and promote agile ways of working to create and deliver differentiated experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate is a product-oriented team player comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and must be a strong communicator, comfortable working with stakeholders of all organizational levels.
• Understand industry landscape, market trends and customer needs
• Employs empathy, design and systems thinking to define epics and break them down into features and stories for agile team
• Prioritizes backlog and product solutions to ensure iterative value creation for customers and the business
• Partners with cross functional team to define, develop and deliver differentiated customer experiences
• Reports on product performance to stakeholders demonstrating incremental value creation
• Encourages adaptability informed by emerging solutions, industry trends and changing customer needs
• Defines scalable product solutions by deep knowledge of internal and external customers habits
• Understands technology concepts and how underlying product services perform across channels and customer touchpoints
• Fosters a strong agile discipline and inspires teams to continuously improve delivery through understanding of key agile metrics
• Bachelor’s Degree required or 4 additional years of experience
• 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
• 2+ years of experience translating Epics and Features into Consumer or Associate facing products
• 1+ years managing all aspects of a feature throughout its lifecycle from concept to delivery
• High sense of accountability and strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to influence across the organization
• Insurance industry experience preferable, not required
• Agile certifications preferred (i.e. SAFe, Scrum Alliance, Scrum.Org, ICAgile, PMI-ACP)
$86,000.00 – $154,000.00
The above annual salary range is a general guideline. Multiple factors are taken into consideration to arrive at the final hourly rate/ annual salary to be offered to the selected candidate. Factors include, but are not limited to, the scope and responsibilities of the role, the selected candidate’s work experience, education and training, the work location as well as market and business considerations.
At this time, GEICO will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
As an Associate, you’ll enjoy our Total Rewards Program to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.