Melville, New York
Ref ID: 02568491
Classification: Medical Receptionist
Compensation: $14.25 to $16.50 hourly
One of OfficeTeam’s clients in the Non-Profit industry needs a charismatic and detail-oriented Medical Receptionist! If you are selected for this Medical Receptionist role, you will be the director of first impressions, providing customer service over the phone and in-person. If you are a self-starter who finds value working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while providing support and solutions to patients, healthcare professionals, insurance providers, etc., you might have found your next Medical Receptionist position. This short-term temporary employment opportunity is based in the Melville, New York area.
What you get to do every single day
– Responsible for insurance verifications with health insurance organizations
– Contributing to the management of patient medical records
– Addressing patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
– Be detail-oriented and effective with customer inquiries and when answering phone calls within minimum rings
– Acting as a liaison with patients and providers in a compassionate and kind manner
– Order-keeping various files and providing general office duties, e.g. faxing, scanning, data entry, etc.
– Making appointments, collecting co-pays, and providing receipt of money in accordance with established procedures
– Providing administrative assistance to patients
– Ensuring the waiting and reception areas are kept neat and clean; reporting on any damage
– Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
– High School Diploma required, A.S. Degree in healthcare/related field preferred
– Knowledgeable of medical terminology and insurance products and plans
– 1+ years of experience as a Medical Receptionist
– 1+ years of experience handling multi-line phone systems
– Proficiency with multi-line phone systems required
– In this position, you should have experience with insurance billing and an electronic medical record system, as well as social media platforms
– Command of data entry
– Solid understanding of Answering Inbound Calls
– Direct Patients experience preferred
– Schedule Appointments experience highly desired
– Strong familiarity with scanning
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Callan Kirch at today!
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you’re a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit for more information.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.