Glenmont, New York
Now Hiring Part-Time School Bus Drivers in Albany, NY
No Experience Necessary! We Train!
At First Student, our Bus Drivers are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have genuine, caring attitudes for children. We are your friends, family, and neighbors!
We are proud to offer:
* Competitive Wages! Starting Pay – Big Bus Drivers: $21.64/HR; Van Drivers: $19.49/HR
* Paid CDL Training!
* Additional Hours Available – Extra Charter Route Opportunities!
* Employee Benefits
* No Evenings or Weekends!
* Great Work Environment!
As a First Student Bus Driver, your major responsibilities will be to:
* Ability to conduct a thorough child search after each route tier and before exiting the bus
* Assists students in the loading and unloading process
* Cooperates and communicates with school personnel, students and parents
* Attends all safety and training meetings
* Conducts emergency evacuation from the bus, including use of exiting by emergency door
* Opens and closes service doors and moves up and down steps multiple times daily
* Safely transports passengers
* Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections
Requirements of a School Bus Driver:
* Good verbal communication skills
* At least 21 years old
* Strong attention to detail
* Early morning availability
* Judgement/problem solving skills
* Ability to manage high degrees of stress
* Valid driver’s license for at least 3 years
* Be subject to a drug screen & physical
Through our commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best means we’ve created a working environment that you’ll love.
And, because we’re a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy real security, a brilliant future, and fantastic training.
Apply today to become a part of our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.