Part-Time School Bus Driver- Will Train!
If you are looking for the job that gives you the perfect combo of Pay, Benefits, & Flexibility, you just found it! Being a Bus Driver for NRT Bus gives you the pay you deserve, the benefits you need, plus the flexibility to earn more money on the side, run errands, or go home and watch Netflix. Oh, and the most important part? You get to positively impact the lives of children in your community by driving them to school!
What We Offer: FLEXIBILITY
* FREE CDL Training ($3,000 value) + earn up to $1,350 in Training Bonuses (ask the recruiter for details and requirements)
* Train Now-Start in September!
* 25-29 hours per week
* Split Shifts- 6:00am-9:00am & 1:00pm-4:00pm (example: exact hours depend on assigned route)
* 401(k) plan option, Dental, Vision, & Company Paid Life Insurance
* Additional charter work available; field trips, sporting events, and more.
* Age 21+ & have had a driver’s license for 3+ consecutive years.
* Satisfactory Driving Record (no suspension etc.)
* Ability to pass a background check, CORI & SORI
* CDL B w/S&P endorsements (We provide CDL Training!)
What You’ll Be doing:
* Operate school bus to transport authorized passenger to and from school programs in a safe and timely manner following prescribed route(s).
* Assess traffic and road conditions, monitor student behavior and other factors as necessary.
* Follow all state and federal traffic laws while operating vehicle. Adhere to DOT and state safety and district requirements and standards while operating yellow school bus.
* Maintain proper CDL and state school bus certifications including adhering to state and federal guidelines regarding criminal, medical, drug test and driving records.
* Assist passengers onto and off the vehicle when necessary.
* Perform daily pre and post trip vehicle inspections and safety checks as required by company standards and state guidelines.
Our company is serious about Safety! During the COVID-19 pandemic we implemented several additional safety protocols, including PPE, cleaning supplies, cleaning schedules, and training. To learn more about our safety culture – watch this video.
As part of the Beacon Mobility Family of Companies, NRT has served the communities of Boston and surrounding cities & towns since 1988. NRT operates vans and school buses, transporting over 2,000 students daily:
* Regular home-to-school bus transportation
* Field-trip, athletic event transportation
* Special needs service (mostly door to door)
* Collaborative special needs transportation within the Northeast Network
* Summer school and camp service
* Charter trips
The pride we instill in our people is a direct result of recognizing that people who care about what they do will excel. Our team approach makes sure that our employees are the best trained, most dedicated and caring people we can employ. After all, our clients entrust their children to us.
We view our relationship with the various school districts as a partnership and we don’t take this responsibility lightly.