Sun City, Arizona
DESCRIPTION About Maintenance at Amazon
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability Maintenance & Engineering (RME) are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our journey!
About the Role
As a Maintenance Technician III, you will lead service technicians on the team in the installation and of automated packaging and distribution equipment. You will support the Operations Maintenance team by designing solutions for difficult problems and managing projects. You will help train, and mentor service technicians and contract technicians.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
– Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
– Maintain and troubleshoot all systems in the building’
– Lead and audit preventative maintenance procedures.
– Install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components, photo-eyes, motor starters, limit switches, proximity sensors, solenoids, etc.
– Create and close out work orders with data including labor hours, equipment maintenance and parts used
– Maintain a positive working relationships across all of the Amazon Operations facility
– Develop training plans for service technicians
– Develop work plans for emergency of critical assets
– Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
school diploma or equivalent
5+ years of experience working with automated and controls
5+ years of experience with electrical and electronic principles, National Electrical Code (NEC), and electronics
5+ years of experience conducting preventative
5 + years of experience reading blueprints and schematics
5 + years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls () programs
3+ years of work order
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Preferred Qualifications
Associates or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or
4+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or
Previous leadership experience
Previous vendor experience
Experience with robotic
Internal ID: Category: Installation & Maintenance , Keywords: Maintenance Technician
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.