Category: Business Management
Location: Clearfield, Utah
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Positions Available: 1
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career. Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures. Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently looking for a Contracts Administrator to work in our Clearfield, UT location. This position will support the Clearfield, Utah and Magna-HTS, Utah sites, within the Aerospace Structures Business Unit, and will require travel between the two locations.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment and will have the ability to work independently and problem solve.
Description & responsibilities:• Cradle to grave large and small complex contracts administration.
• Must be customer focused and possess: (1) The ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems, some complex (2) Excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report findings (3) Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers and customers.(Windows Office suite of products,Cost Point knowledge is a plus).
• Identifies contract issues and provides solutions.
• Reviews, redlines and negotiates government and government contractor terms and conditions as well as support the negotiation of non-disclosure agreements. Advises management of contractual rights and obligations as well as provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
• Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned portfolio of contracts.
• Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and company policies when conducting business on behalf of the Company.
• Participate in and may lead the negotiation of contracts as well as modifying standard and non-standard contracts/subcontracts.
• Bid and proposal review, approval. submission with Proposal group to ensure customer solicitation requirements are met as well as FAR/DFAR and company policy compliance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Basic Qualifications: Requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related discipline, along with 6 years of progressive professional experience in contract administration. Or a Master’s Degree with 4 years of progressive experience.
Experience with large and small complex contracts and their administration at various phases of the contract performance. Must have experience with FFP, CPFF, CPIF, T&M contract types.
Must have a complete understanding of contract principles, theories and concepts and be fully knowledgeable of practices, techniques, and standards under the Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal
Acquisition Regulations. Can efficiently and effectively research and locate FAR/DFAR information. Ability to understand[HM1] regulatory changes and their impact on contracts/subcontracts.
Ability to work extended hours as needed.
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Proficient in MS Office Suite.
Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
Be customer focused and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
Excellent organization skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as needed
Active DoD Secret Clearance within the last 5 years highly desired. Preference will be given to candidates that have a clearance.
Certified Federal Contract Manager (CFCM) certification or Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM) or completion of the Contracts Certificate Program (SDSU) is a plus.
Experience with Deltek and Salesforce a plus.
Knowledge of Earned Value Management a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.