Downers Grove, Illinois
Abercrombie & Kent, LLC
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to grow with a company that values its employees? Abercrombie & Kent is the world’s leading luxury travel company, combining comfort and authenticity in the greatest destinations worldwide since 1962. Our inspiring brand of travel to over 100 countries and all seven continents relies on a staff of dedicated experts – and you could be one of them!
Responsible for greeting, providing assistance and service to all incoming callers, guests and
colleagues in such a manner that exemplifies the A&K experience.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Operate office telephone system and ensure all incoming calls are handled in a positive and
* Escalate matters to the appropriate Department heads as needed.
* Warm transfer all calls per company guidelines
* Greet incoming guests and colleagues in a welcoming and enthusiastic manner
* Attend appropriate briefings and presentations to stay current with A&K destinations and products
* Open/close the reception area and phone system daily
* Daily printing of the employee Emergency list in the event of a building emergency
* Assist Guest Relations with administrative tasks
* Assist with special projects as needed
Skills and Abilities
* Excellent verbal communication skills and phone etiquette
* Extraordinary customer service demeanor
* Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical skills required
* Intermediate computer skills required (Microsoft Office) and ability to quickly master new
* Must be able to work independently and to work collaboratively with team members
* Must be able to read/write/speak in English
* Must be able to sit for extended period of time
* Knowledge of world geography preferred
Education and Experience
* High School diploma or GED required
* 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
* Proficiency in the use of multi-line office telephone systems required
* Required to contact manager directly before 7am on the day of an unscheduled absence
* Standard schedule is 9 am to 5 pm Mon – Fri
* Must demonstrate consistent and reliable attendance and punctuality
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.