Las Cruces, New Mexico
Department of the Interior
These positions are located in the Division of Support Services.
This announcement covers multiple locations; pay will be set within the salary range for the location to which you apply. The following salary range is representative of grade level GS-06, step 1 through step 10, including locality pay:
Norman, OK, Carlsbad, Farmington, and Las Cruces, NM- $39,311- $51,103
Albuquerque, NM- $39,558- $51,424
Learn more about this agency
* Serve as a technical expert for the District/Field Office in the Records protection Program.
* Work in support of senior adjudication specialists and records management specialist in the District/Field Office to ensure the adequacy of technical and automation compliance with federal laws, regulations, and guidance.
* Maintain and manage physical records in accordance with BLM and Department records management goals, objectives, and priorities, and ensures that the land management records program supports the BLM’s mission and needs.
* Responsible for the preparation, conversion, and maintenance of paper records to electronic format which includes indexing and importing electronic files into the Document Management System (DMS).
* Provide training to, and/or conduct quality checks/audits of work performed by lower grade employees.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship required.
* May be required to complete background investigation and drug screening.
* Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
* Must provide resume and supporting documents (See required documents).
* You cannot hold an active real estate license, nor can you have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Lands.
* Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
* If you are a new employee in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
* You may be required to travel overnight away from home up to 5 nights per month. You must obtain a government charge card for travel purposes.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the required specialized experience for the respective grade level in which you are applying:
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one year of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service (obtained either in the private or public sectors) performing the following: (1) maintaining and managing physical records in accordance with records management goals, objectives, and priorities; (2) preparing and converting paper records to electronic format, which includes indexing and importing electronic files; (3) serving as a technical expert in the records protection program; (4) providing training and assistance to staff in the use of scanning equipment.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must include months, years and hours per week worked to receive credit for your work and/or volunteer experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for experience that does not indicate exact hours per week or is listed as “varies”.
There is no substitution of education for experience at the grade level(s) of this announcement.