This position provides high-level, confidential administrative support to the office of one or more C-Suite Executives. This position is clerical, administrative, and project-based and includes scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports, correspondence and liaising with board members. This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
• Manages and facilitates completion of the Executives administrative tasks, including scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings, scheduling conference rooms and room/equipment setup and catering (when needed). This position will manage executives calendars and e-mails and ensures they are informed of events / situations that require immediate attention.
• Make travel arrangements for Executives and at times other staff members within the business unit. This includes determination of flights, hotel accommodations and car rental. Responsible for maintaining and filing all expense reports.
• Communicates with the general staff on behalf of the executive team. Coordinates logistics for high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the Senior Lead Team, Management Team, and other staff.
• Research and advise leaders with respect to special events, external board responsibilities/opportunities or circumstances occurring within the community to enhance their profile as community leaders.
• Manage all sources of information that is to be presented to the executive team. Coordinate and administer corporate programs implemented by the Executive team.
• Coordinate with outside customers and vendors any activities as required by the President and VP’s.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position works closely with the Executive Team and has access to confidential and sensitive information. The incumbent will have impact and influence in some cases with the leadership team.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Associates degree in Business or related field with 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent
• 1-3 years of supervisory / leadership experience
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task, ability to prioritize tasks
• Experience handling confidential information
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business
• Administrative Assistant certification
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands. Nearly continuously sitting, repetitive hand motion (such as typing), hearing and listening. Often required to talk and walk. Seldom required to stand, bend, climb stairs, or lift to 10 pounds.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.