Location: Palmdale, California
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Travel Required: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Positions Available: 1
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation. Job Description: Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a motivated professional to serve as a Senior Principal Training Technical Writer/Editor. This position is located in Palmdale, CA. The successful candidate will provide technical writing/editing for technical data, ensuring file configuration control, compliance with the RFP and clean final products. Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. In a Scrum master role, will work under a production schedule, oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials and will mentor and/or instructs junior writers.
• 10 years with a B.S. or B.A. degree (Technical or Professional Writing, English, or Communications), 8 years with a Masters. 14 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
• Experienced in aviation or aerospace
• Experienced in negotiating and integrating different viewpoints, relay, and receive information and collaborate in a team environment.
• Experienced in file configuration management
• Have strong writing, and editing skills, and experience in manipulating grammar
• Experienced in querying authors for clarity and compliance purposes and must be skilled in Microsoft Word, MS excel, and PowerPoint
• Candidate must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance and be able to maintain that clearance and has the ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission. Preferred Qualifications: • Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
• History of collaboration in small teams with different organizations
• Experience with AGILE, SCRUM, DevOps, etc.
• Previous experience teaching or instructing
• Proficient in the interpretation of engineering data such as parts list, application list, notes list and print reading.
• Experienced with configuration management.
• Experienced in creating multi-configuration, multi-effectivity indentured parts lists from engineering and LSA data.
• Ability to identify and possibly work around limited engineering and LSA data.
• Experienced with Isometric IPB graphics and layout.
• Experienced with creating and revising IPB’s using MIL-DTL-38807 or MIL-PRF-38807. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.