The National Title Examiner is responsible to provide accurate and professional title commitments, maintain high level of productivity and products, assess risk and liabilities in accordance with policy provisions.
• Examine title orders within company guidelines to determine the conditions of the title and insurability by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates and other matters of record
• Research respective title plant software, analyze and evaluate pertinent recorded documents for determination of ownership, legal descriptions, and any conjunction to title
• Explain chain of title, exceptions, and requirements to customers and managers • Recognize title defects and identify and itemize any curative requirements.
• Assess risks and liabilities that may jeopardize the company, and bring these matters to the attention of the local title manager, state title manager or underwriter, as appropriate
• Maintain proper production levels and delivery standards daily • Review surveys prepared on properties, if applicable • Work closely with the customer and escrow staff to meet time requirements for options, and assist with answering questions
• Prepare an accurate and compressive title commitment in accordance with company examining and policy procedures
• Perform other duties assigned by manager
Skills And Abilities:
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction and a focus on meeting deadlines.
• Attention to detail
• Solid organizational and planning skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team Player with a positive attitude
• Highly motivated with the ability to prioritize and to direct others
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word)
• Ability to problem solve in growing, expanding business
• Dedication to employee training and mentoring
Prior Work Experience:
Education and Credentials:
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.