Excelsior Springs, Missouri
Miscellaneous Staffing Services
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are now hiring for an Hotel Room Attendant see details below;
Hourly/Entry Level Employee
Hourly US Dollar (USD) pay basis
A Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning and supplying guests rooms and designated facilities to provide our guests with a pleasant and comfortable experience.
• Acknowledge and respond appropriately to guest needs and requests. • Reports at scheduled and in compliance with uniform appearance standards. • Comply with the company’s safety and security policy, procedure, and protocol. • Receives assignments from the Housekeeping Leader and logs out Floor Master Keys at the start of the shift. • Prioritize scheduled rooms to be cleaned based upon assignments of group rooms or early arrivals. As a standard, checked out rooms should be cleaned before stay-over rooms. • Communicates with applicable colleagues the status of rooms that differ from the room assignment sheet. • Thoroughly clean the guest room to prescribed standards using only company approved chemicals and cleaners. • Examines rooms, halls, and lobby to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to supervisor or manager. • Inventories and stocks the room attendant cart at mid-day and at the end of the shift. • Reports Lost and Found items to the Housekeeping Leader ensuring to bag the item and record the room number, date, and a description of the item found. • Report any damaged or missing items to the Housekeeping Leader. • Report any suspicious looking persons or activity to the Housekeeping Leader. • Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Housekeeping and Director of Rooms.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency preferred, but not necessary. • Ability to read and recognize room/suite numbers.
• Six (6) months to one (1) year of cleaning experience in housekeeping or janitorial services preferred but not required. • Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment.
• Ability to be understand and follow directions, and perform job functions with limited supervision.
• Ability to learn, follow, and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of guest rooms.
• Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
• Ability to extend arms, scrub, bend, stoop, stand, and walk in public areas for extended periods of time. • OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health safety. Proper clothing and safety equipment (gloves, safety shoes, back belt etc.) must be worn. Colleagues will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel requires the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damages or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your supervisor/manager. • Ability to lift, push, or pull a minimum of 25lbs on a consistent basis. • Excellent grooming standards. • Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations. • Colleagues may be required to work varying schedule to reflect the business needs of the hotel. • Ability to work on your own and as part of a team. • Crouching, stopping, twisting, reaching, extension, fingering/feeling, lifting.
SHIFT: Various Shifts
POSITION: Housekeeper/Room Attendant
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 5
LOCATION: MO, Excelsior Springs
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: